Tax-deferred growth potential, tax-deduction potential, and a wide range of investment choices make the traditional IRA a choice for many investors focused on trying to accumulate wealth for retirement.
- Tax-deferred growth potential
- Investors may be able to take a tax deduction of up to $5,500 annually for 2013 and 2014; ($6,500 for those 50 or older for 2013 and 2014), depending on earned income and participation in a company-sponsored retirement plan.
- May help to build significant wealth through the years
- Available to anyone under the age of 70½ who has earned income
- Fully or partially deductable for individuals who have no retirement plan or those who meet the deductibility limits
- Available to individuals who want to cover nonworking spouses
- More than 80 mutual funds to choose from, including risk/reward based asset allocation funds and target date funds based on asset allocation strategies
- Global asset management expertise of MFS
- Account and fund information access via the Internet and telephone
- Customer service representatives available from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday
MFS does not provide legal, tax or accounting advice. Any statement contained in this communication (including any attachments) concerning U.S. tax matters, was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code. This communication was written to support the promotion or marketing of the transaction(s) or matter(s) addressed. Clients of MFS should obtain their own independent tax and legal advice based on their particular circumstances.
Keep in mind that all investments, including mutual funds, carry a certain amount of risk including the possible loss of the principal amount invested.
The investments you choose should correspond to your financial needs, goals, and risk tolerance. For assistance in determining your financial situation, please consult an investment professional.